Deep Tissue Massage
|Deep Tissue Massage Prices
||Back Neck and shoulders or legs
||Focused on particular muscles
|Mon - Thurs 9am - 8pm, Fri 9 - 6, Sat 9.30am - 5pm, Sun 12 - 4pm
What is Deep Tissue Massage ?
Deep Tissue Massage is a massage technique that focuses on the deeper layers of muscle tissue. It aims to release the chronic patterns of tension in the body through slow strokes and deep finger pressure on the contracted areas, either following or going across the fibres of the muscles, tendons and fascia. Deep tissue massage is used to release chronic muscle tension through slower strokes and more direct deep pressure or friction applied across the grain of the muscles not with the grain. Deep tissue massage helps to break up and eliminate scar tissue. Deep tissue massage usually focuses on more specific areas and may cause some tenderness during or right after the massage. However, if the massage is done correctly you should feel better than ever within a day or two.
Do you need a Deep Tissue Massage?
- Do you have a sore or stiff neck and shoulders from sitting at your computer or driving?
- Do you have any back pain?
- Do you have pain in your legs or buttocks?
If you answer yes to any of these common complaints, you could benefit immensely from a treatment.
What to expect in a treatment?
- Your therapist will take a short history of your health and any problems you have or want them to work on, a treatment 'plan' is agreed.
- Your therapist will answer any questions you may have.
- During the massage make sure the therapist is using the right pressure for you - remember it is your treatment.
- Will it hurt? Sometimes working out 'knots' can be a bit unpleasant as can trigger points - it is very important to communicate to your therapist if they are using too much pressure.
- If you change your mind just tell the therapist and they can change the treatment to a more gentle relaxing Swedish massage.
Benefits to the body from deep tissue massage
- Improves Muscle tone
- Improves oxygen flow in the circulation
- Helps rid the muscle cells of toxins and improves lymphatic drainage
- Helps induce a psychological 'feel good factor'
- It mechanically stretches muscle tissue and fascia and mobilises ligaments and tendons keeping them supple and pliable
- As with most types of massage deep tissue stimulates the skin and nervous system and soothes the nerves themselves at the same timeIt feels good and it is beneficial to your health. When muscles are stressed, they block oxygen and nutrients, leading to inflammation that builds up toxins in the muscle tissue. A deep-tissue massage helps loosen muscle tissues, release toxins from muscles and get blood and oxygen circulating properly. Because many toxins are released, it's important to drink plenty of water after a deep-tissue session to help eliminate these toxins from the body.
How To Book An Appointment For Deep Tissue Massage.
Call us : 0141 551 9678
Email us: email@example.com
Visit Us: Greenhead Street, Glasgow Green, Glasgow, G40 1ES. There's loads of free parking available right outside. Click MAP to find us.
Prices: click here for our price list.