Remedial Massage Therapy
|Monday - Friday 9.30am - 6pm, Sat 9.30 - 5pm
What is Remedial Massage?
It is a treatment that can be very effective at helping relieve pain whether it is muscle or joint pain. Examples of symptoms that remedial massage has helped
- Back pain including lower back pain (lumbago)
- Shoulder pain, frozen shoulder, neck pain and associated headaches
- Arm pain including tennis and golfers elbow
- Sports Injuries
Remedial Massage is often used when a person is suffering from physical pain, a lot of times people are left frustrated with the treatment from GPs which is often just a prescription for a muscle relaxant and rest. The remedial therapist's first skill is in finding out the cause of the pain (not necessarily where the pain is felt) and then determining a treatment protocol designed to treat the cause as well as the symptoms. The therapist will use a variety of clinical testing procedures to assess your musculo-skeletal structure looking for imbalances, muscle, fascial and joint restrictions and muscle weakness. The therapist will use a variety of techniques as required to address the problems causing your pain. Please see below for explanations of remedial techniques we use.
Benefits of Remedial Massage
- Helps Re-align Musculo-skeletal structure
- Helps recovery from injury
- Reduces excessive scar tissue build up
- Break down adhesions in the muscle tissue
- Releases myofascial restrictions
- Release muscle spasms and relieve muscle pain, relaxes muscle from shortened or excessively tense state
- Aids recovery of normal muscle proprioception after injury
- Re-align joints and Relieves joint pain (using gentle soft tissue and mobilisation)
- Through rehabilitation exercises within treatment and given to client to do at home we can strengthen and rehabilitate long and weak muscles
Techniques used in Remedial Massage
- NMT thumb and finger strokes while palpating for muscle tension, adhesions Trigger points etc
- Usually the therapist will start working the area using strong swedish strokes and building up to deep tissue strokes
- Myofascial stripping
- PRT - Positional Release Techniques, a treatment protocol originally developed by Osteopaths.
- MET - Muscle Energy Techniques, also a treatment protocol originally developed by Osteopaths.
- Joint Mobilisations techniques - these are gentle slow techniques used to mobilise a joint whether it be the pelvis or a facet in the spine. Not to be confused with high velocity low amplitude manipulations as often used by chiropractors.
- Trigger point therapy - Treatment of trigger points is often an excellent way to release muscle spasm & tension.
- Rehabilitation program - You will normally be given stretches and exercises to do at home, clinical studies have proven this speeds a clients recovery and minimises the number of treatments required, which minimises your expense.
How To Book An Appointment For Remedial Massage.
Call us : 0141 551 9678
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit Us: Greenhead Street, Glasgow Green, Glasgow, G40 1ES - There's loads of free parking available right outside. Click MAP to find us.
Prices: click here for our price list.